This is a subsidiary post of Faith.
The focus here is the people through whom we believe in Christ.
- Agents Through Whom We Have Believed
- Believing the Apostles Is Believing Jesus
- Believing Through…
- Faith Is Acceptance of Facts Put in Evidence by God, Often Through Others
- Faith Is in What God Has Said Through an Agent
- Faith Is Rooted in What God Has Said in the Scriptures
- References to the Apostles’ Testimony – Through Which We Have Believed in the Lord
- The Apostles Speak for Jesus
- The Apostles Claimed To Be Telling the Truth About a Man Who Claimed To Be Telling the Truth
- The Word of God Through Men
- We Believe God by Believing Those Whom He Has Sent
Matthew 21:33-41 – This parable demonstrates the importance of agency when it comes to believing God. We believe God by believing those whom He has sent (John 5:24, 38; 6:29; 12:44; 17:8, 21). The mission of Jesus Himself is based on this premise: that the foundational and ultimate act of faith is through an intermediary.
1 Peter 1:20-21 – “…who through Him are believers in God…”