- Agents Through Whom We Have Believed
- Believing Through…
- Faith Is Acceptance of Facts Put in Evidence by God, Often Through Others
- Faith Is in What God Has Said Through an Agent
- References to the Apostles’ Testimony – Through Which We Have Believed in the Lord
- The Nature of a Name
- We Believe God by Believing Those Whom He Has Sent
In law, a principal acts on his own behalf while and agent acts on behalf of a principal. Before Christ, we were living for our own interests. In Christ, we live for His.
Agency has to do with authority. The one doing the sending has authority and the one being sent is under that authority (i.e. subject to the authority).
As the Jews were God’s agents to the world, so the prophets were God’s agents to the Jews.
Of course, there are many more implicit references to agency in Scripture than these, and I have included some of them here.
2 Corinthians 5:15
Galatians 1:1 – “the agency of man”
Galatians 3:19 – “the agency of a mediator”
Isaiah 28:2 – “the Lord has a strong and mighty agent”
Daniel 8:25 – “he will be broken without human agency“