Be sure to understand His name Christ in the context of His name Lord Jesus Christ.
This is a subsidiary post of New Testament Terms Rooted in the Old Testament.
- Messiah (because “Messiah” means “Christ” – Anointed)
- Synonyms for “king” in Israel (“Christ” is such a synonym)
“Christ” is the Greek term for the Hebrew term “Messiah.”
2 Corinthians 11:3 and 2 John 1:9 capture the essential focus to which we are dedicated: devotion to Christ.
All these posts are important, because Christ is important. I did, however, follow with an asterisk those to which I wanted to draw your particular attention.
- Abide in Christ
- Actualizing the Lordship of Christ
- Christ and the Son of God
- Christ Has Taken the Place of God*
- Christ in You
- Christ Is First*
- Confessing Christ
- Faith Is in Christ*
- Faith Is Seeing Jesus with the Eyes of the Heart (Seeing Christ)
- Flee Trinitarianism and Unitarianism; Pursue Christ Instead
- God in Christ
- Grammatical Constructions That Help Us Think About Christ
- He Who Has Christ Has the Father
- How the Apostles See Our Lives Being Redirected by Christ
- Jesus as Judge
- Jesus Is the One
- Jesus Spoken of as the One or Only
- Our Life Is in Christ*
- Our Obedience Is to Christ
- Prepositions and Christ
- Relating to Christ*
- Salvation Is Found in the Lordship of Christ
- Shouldn’t the People of Christ Listen to Christ?
- Striking Elements of Jesus’ Worldview
- The Apostles Were Sent…and Jesus Did the Sending
- The Body of Christ
- The Centrality of Christ in the New Testament*
- The Centrality of Christ in the Old Testament
- The Change: What Changed with Christ?
- The Covenant of Christ
- The Face and Eyes of the Lord – God Sees Us, God Knows Us
- The Glory of Christ
- The Importance of the Name of Christ*
- The Law of Christ
- The Law of Moses Versus the Law of Christ
- The Lord Is a Teacher
- The Lord Is Passing By
- The Lord Wants to Explain Things to Us
- The Many Names of Christ*
- The Preexistence of Christ
- The Presence of Christ
- The Promises Were to Christ
- The Scriptures, the Name of the Lord, and the Holy Spirit
- The Uniqueness of Christ’s Lordship – A Man Reigns as God
- The Word of Christ
- The Work of God in Christ
- Types of Christ
- Turning and Returning to the Lord
- We Are Disciples…with a Teacher, a Text, and a Topic
- We Relate to God Through Christ
- What Are We Doing to His Name?