Jesus thought differently. Through the Scriptures, we have insight into His thinking. What are some of the important tenets to which He held? How do we achieve a Christlike mind – that is, a true Christian mind? Here are some of those building blocks for erecting the mind of Christ within ourselves.
God is good…and man is not.
– “Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.” (Matthew 19:17; Mark 10:18; Luke 18:19)
– “If you then, being evil…” (Matthew 7:11; Luke 11:13 – note that Jesus is addressing His disciples)
– “Jesus arrived from Galilee at the Jordan coming to John, to be baptized by him.” (Matthew 3:13-15)
– “Because of your hardness of heart Moses permitted you to divorce your wives; but from the beginning it has not been this way.” (Matthew 19:8; Mark 10:5)
God is all-powerful…and man is not.
– “You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures or the power of God.” (Matthew 22:29; Mark 12:24;
– “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” (Matthew 19:26; Mark 10:27; 14:36; Luke 18:27)