– In Matthew 5:6 Jesus speaks of those who hunger and thirst for what is right. This is one of “The Beatitudes” which come at the beginning of the Sermon on the Mount.
– All four gospels mention the Holy Spirit descending upon Jesus as a dove (Matthew 3:16; Mark 1:10; Luke 3:22; John 1:32).
– In Ephesians 1:13-14 the apostle Paul points out that all those who believe in Jesus, after believing, receive the Holy Spirit, who is the first installment, as it were, on our full inheritance.
– In the last phrase of the closing sentence of Paul’s second letter to the church at Corinth (2 Corinthians 13:14), he references “the fellowship of the Holy Spirit.”
– Hebrews 13:5 contains God’s promise to never leave or forsake us. It’s actually a quotation from the Law of Moses (Deuteronomy 31:6, 8).