– See John 8:12 for Jesus’ reference to His being the Light of the world.
– In 1 Corinthians 1:11-12 the apostle Paul chastises the church at Corinth for even beginning to divide, yet this is precisely the basis upon which today’s churches exist and operate.
– In 2 Timothy 2:19 Paul makes clear that the Lord does not need church rolls on earth to tell Him who belongs to Him.
– Matthew 24:34 is one of the many New Testament passages that references the Second Coming as occurring in that day and age – not centuries and millennia later.
– In Romans 8:5-6 Paul stresses the importance of focusing our attention not on the physical world, but on the spiritual dimension where God dwells.