– In Matthew 6:33 (part of the Sermon on the Mount), Jesus tells us what we should be seeking.
– In Matthew 6:9-13 (in an earlier part of the Sermon on the Mount), Jesus teaches us what is called “The Lord’s Prayer.”
– In 2 Timothy 3:16-17 the apostle Paul tells us that the Scriptures were written for the purpose of teaching us righteousness…so that we might do good.
– Proverbs 1:23 in the Old Testament points out that getting chastised is the path to wisdom. This is also brought out in Proverbs 6:23.
– If you think that the love of Jesus won’t allow Him to speak sternly to, and provoke guilt in, those He loves, read the second and third chapters of the book of Revelation.