– 2 Timothy 3:14-17 states explicitly that the purpose of the Scriptures is to teach righteousness.
– 1 Corinthians 10:1-11 and Romans 15:4 are two passages that mention the Bible’s value as a textbook of examples from which we can learn.
– The apostle Paul in Colossians 2:16-17 states the superiority of Christ over all the feasts and such that foreshadowed Him.
– In 1 Corinthians 10:11 and Hebrews 1:1-2 you hear the apostles’ belief that they lived at the end of an age, and in Hebrews 6:5 you hear their reference to the age to come (i.e. the one in which we live today).
– James 1:26-27 makes clear the kind of religion that God wants: doing the right thing.